I was recently nominated for a Liebster Award by michaela-la (thank-you very much, i'm honoured). and i just figured, why not give this a go?!
how a liebster award works is that us bloggers basically nominate each other as long as they have under 200 followers on their blog. it helps to get new blogs out there and recognized.
the rules are: answer the questions your nominator has asked you, and then nominate 10 bloggers with under 200 followers, and inform those so they are aware that they have been nominated. lastly, develop 10 new questions to ask your nominees. easy enough, right?! so let's get to the questions i've been asked...
1. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ITEM OF CLOTHING IN YOUR WARDROBE?
tricky, but i think my favourite would have to be my oversized union jack jumper that i ordered off of ebay from hong kong. it's the kind of clothing that is so different, and so unbelievably comfortable as well. i have gotten loads of compliments on it, and it was only $19.00. definitely my go-to piece.
2. WHAT IS ONE MAKE-UP PRODUCT THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRY, BUT HAVEN'T GOT AROUND TO YET?
there are definitely so many that are on my wishlist, but as of late i would have to say the Estee Lauder Eyeshadow duo in the shade Raisins. it is one of the more hyped up products lately, but it is just so gorgeous! i love the mauve-purple shades, and i think on brown eyes it would look amazing. ah!
3. WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER GO WITHOUT, BRONZER OR BLUSHER?
i have been thinking of an answer over and over in my head.. and i think i'd choose to go without blusher. i have a square shaped face, and i depend on bronzer to define my cheekbones and contour a bit. i have become a bit of a blusher junkie recently, but bronzer is my staple.
4. CURRENTLY, WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PERFUME?
i am the kind of person who gets terribly bored of different scents easily, but i have found a perfume that i adore.. and that is Chanel Chance- au fraiche (the green one). they have three versions of the Chanel Chance, all are lovely, but the "au fraiche" just has a beautiful summer scent, a nice mixture of sweet and floral without being overpowering. and like the title, it smells soooo fresh, like you just had a shower. i love that perfume so much.
5. WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE BEAUTY BLOGGER?
other than the obvious Zoella... i do have a couple beauty bloggers that i follow religiously and they are Maya from Spider Leg Lashes, and Laura from lisforladybird. they are always the couple blogs that i regularly check up on for new posts. i love the products they choose to write about, and they are constantly influencing me to buy certain products! check them out.
6. OVER THE YEARS, WHAT IS THE BEST BEAUTY TIP YOU HAVE LEARNT ?
the best beauty tip i have learnt would have to be ... contouring and knowing where are the right points to place bronzer and blusher. it is actually amazing what make-up is capable of.
7. HOW MUCH IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE ITEM IN YOUR MAKE-UP BAG, AND WHAT IS IT?
the most expensive item in my make-up bag is my Kat Von D- Tattoo Lock It foundation from Sephora. it was $40.00 and i'll probably unfortunately never repurchase it again... i have found better foundations that are $11.00 from a drugstore.
8. HAVE YOU EVER MADE ANY MAJOR BEAUTY MISTAKES?
the biggest beauty mistake would have to be layering foundation and powder over my acne in high school. it wasn't until much later that i realized that literally cake-ing on foundation doesn't help hide blemishes, only makes them stand out that much more, and ultimately makes your acne worse, cause your skin can't breathe.. yikes.
9. FASHION WISE, WHO INSPIRES YOU?
i absolutely love Lily Collins' fashion sense, she has great street style and looks stunning on every red (or whatever shade) carpet. she often wears plaid, or oversized pieces and makes it look like a million bucks. and when she's out promoting her latest film, she always looks fabulous and classic. bold lip and her iconic thick bold brows. can you say, BROW ENVY?! she reminds me so much of audrey hepburn.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE THING ABOUT BLOGGING?
my favourite thing about blogging is being able to connect with other people who enjoy the same things you do. i often think of my blog as an online journal.. only about fashion and make-up. i feel like this is our little community and most people out there wouldn't give a crap about what you picked up at a drugstore, but us bloggers all understand the joys of it all. i wouldn't change it for anything. :)
and there you have it! here are the bloggers i nominate :
Daisy Belle, beauty by georgie, Labels & Lipsticks, A Mermaid's Wardrobe, beautiful benefits, beauty by alexia jade, becca clare, beyond my makeup, bryanyellen, BurstwithEnvy
and my questions are :
1. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ACCESSORY THAT YOU CURRENTLY OWN?
2. DO YOU HAVE ANY MUST-HAVE STAPLE BEAUTY ITEMS IN YOUR MAKEUP BAG?
3. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE DRUGSTORE MAKEUP PRODUCT?
4. IF YOU HAD $1000.00 (OR 1000 POUNDS), WOULD YOU MOST LIKELY SPEND IT ON CLOTHING, OR MAKEUP? WHY?
5. WHO IS YOUR CELEBRITY MAKEUP/FASHION IDOL ?
6. IF YOU HAD TO ONLY HAVE ONE MAKEUP ITEM, WHAT WOULD IT BE ?
7. WHAT MADE YOU WANT TO START BLOGGING?
8. WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER USE, EYESHADOW OR LIPSTICK/LIPGLOSS ?
9. DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE HIGH END MAKEUP BRAND, WHAT IS IT & WHY?
10. WHAT IS THE BEST ADVICE YOU COULD GIVE TO A NEW BEAUTY BLOGGER?
and that is it! thanks again to michaela-la for the nomination, i truly appreciate it ! :)