2.3.13

EVERYDAY MAKEUP



Hello! So today I decided to show you what my daily make-up routine is, and all of the products I tend to use. I love to keep my makeup as natural as possible. I do get adventurous with my lipstick and eyeshadow choices every once in a while, if I'm wanting a more dramatic look. 

  • Kat Von D's Tattoo Lock-It Foundation in shade Light 48 
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in shade 003 Natural 
  • E.L.F (Eyes Lips Face) Limited Edition Endless Eyes Pro Mini Eyeshadow Pallette in Everyday
  • Joe Fresh bronzer in Sand 
  • CoverGirl Instant Cheekbones blush trio in shade Refined Rose 
  • Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express mascara in Classic Black 
  • E.L.F Lash Extending Mascara in Black
  • Maybelline Master Duo liquid eyeliner    
  • E.L.F Matte Lip Color in shade Coral      
I know this seems like a lot of makeup for everyday, but I assure you it isn't as much as you'd think. I always use two different mascaras, because I have not found one that does the whole job for me. The E.L.F Lash Extending Mascara is great for the bottom lashes and for the first coat on your upper lashes. It really does as it says (extends), and it is only $3.00 on their website. The other mascara I use is Colossal Volum' Express is amazing for the second coat on my lashes, it gives a more full look. As for my full face I use the Tattoo Lock-It Foundation (Sephora - $40.) mixed with a moisturizer because it is really pigmented and thick (that's not a bad thing because the coverage is out of this world). I have severe combination skin, so where it will start out really dry in the morning and then by the evening my face is really oily and gross. To finish the face off I use the Pressed Powder to set the foundation. Together all of my blemishes and uneven skin tone is completely flawless. Next I contour my cheek bones with my bronzer and blush. It gives my face a healthier glow, especially living in Canada where it's rare to see sunlight. Doing the eyes is my absolute favorite part. I have dark brown eyes so it's more difficult to make them stand out on their own. For everyday makeup I'll use gold tones, and for nights out I'll play them up with purples or burgundies for a more sultry feel. I just recently picked up the Maybelline Master Duo Liquid Eyeliner and I have to say that I'm really impressed. Applying eye liner is definitely not one of my strong suits, but the way it is developed has made it pretty easy to get a smooth line. It also gives you the option of a natural thin line or dramatic thicker line, which I LOVE. Lastly, I apply whatever color to my lips as I please. Today I've used the E.L.F Matte Lip Color in a Coral color, which is my favorite shade. It's not a harsh coral, but it is natural looking with just the right amount of subtle color. For every day I generally stick to nudes such as MAC lipstick in shade Hue. 
So this was just a little tid-bit of my everyday make-up routine, I hope that you may have found some new items to try out. All of these items I like so far (most of them are fairly new to me) so I'm still playing around with them. Thanks so much for stopping by ! 

 photo PicMonkeyCollage2_zps478dac78.png

1 comment: